What's new

Customizing sms tone names?

Terreos

Reaction score
Ok so I finally figured out how I can replace the stock sms tones with ones that I choose. Right now I changed the "Tri-Tone" ring to a click from "Jar of Hearts". The thing is it still has the name "Tri-Tone". Is there anyway I can change the name to say "Jar of Hearts"? Or is there a way to add a new file with that name?

I don't think you can. I tried a while back and still haven't found info on changing the names.

How do you change the text tones?

I used a program called Diskaid. This allowed me to access my phones root folders where my sms tones were located. Once you're in there you can replace the tones that are in there but, you have to use file names that already exist in the phone and can't make new ones.

You could also download Tonefxs from cydia that allows you changes

You're saying that you want to actually see your custom sound in the Text Tone list next to all the other stock ones? I've been wanting to do that since my Gen2. It has to be possible...but I've never found the solution.

ToneFx Worked for me to change my SMS, Mail etc what I want to do is change my outgoing SMS from that whir or whoosh sound to something else is there anyway to do that??