What's new

Creating A New Mail Folder

tom041652

Reaction score
Hello to all, I am a first time iPhone 4s owner. I switched from a DROID X. I have to say I loves my iPhone.

My question can I create a seperate email folder (READ & SAVED) where I can save messages that are important
to me. All I see is the Inbox and Trash.

2nd question I don't have a printer that is Airprint or Wireless capable. I searched the App store and found a couple
of Apps that claim to substitute for AirPrint. Anyone using one and how good is it.

Thanks & Regards,

Tom C

If you are using a pop3 style e mail account then you are unable to have your own folders.

I use my Gmail account to store important emails in soecified folders. When you recieve an email that you want to save, tap the foldr/arrow button, then go back to your accounts and tap Gmail, then choose a folder. I dont think you can create folders on the phone itself, but I think you can create folders for your email on a desktop borwser, and they show up in your phone. Not 100% in that tho.

Thanks for the replies...Maybe something that will be enabled in the future. Will
keep storing on Outlook for now.

Tom C

Do you have a POP or and IMAP/Exchange account. Because yeah, you can’t make or have other folders on your account.

However, if you have an IMAP or Exchange account, such as Gmail, you can make folders right on the phone. You just have to go to the main mail area and select Edit > New Mailbox. Then, you will have a new folder. It will sync with the account, also. For example, I can make a new folder in my Gmail account on the phone and then I can see it when I go to the web version.

But, again, nothing with POP.

Marilyn

I am trying to get my mother's e-mail account set up on her new iphone 4. It is a pop accout, but I can't get her to receive any e-mails. She can send e-mails to my phone but when I reply she doesn't receive anything. Help would be much appreciated.

Chuck_bigalo said:
I am trying to get my mother's e-mail account set up on her new iphone 4. It is a pop accout, but I can't get her to receive any e-mails. She can send e-mails to my phone but when I reply she doesn't receive anything. Help would be much appreciated.

Has she tried deleting the email account and adding it again?

I find that setting the Fetch data in settings to PUSH means I get any e mails almost straight away.

If not you set to push you will receive them either at set intervals or manually.

I would check the incoming pop settings carefully. And don't forget to verify the server port number. Also, verify the SSL setting. I worked with a friend for quite a while trying to get her pop account set up...hers was the same as mine. Tried over and over with no luck. Turns out all it was, was the server port.

And if she has two accounts, it's possible she is set up to use that second account as her outgoing server. Her pop account may not be set up at all.