What's new

Create apps - no programming knowledge required

There have been a couple of dozens different ways over the last 30 years.

I guess you are looking for someone to say how? Ok, how.......lol

Hi. Thanks for your interest...

As a non-tech person, I've found that there a couple of ways to develop apps:

Online Service providers - there are a heap of these sites/services that will help you develop a pretty generic app using template technology. I've messed around with some of them (like Red Foundry) but found that to do something more complex, you had to have a bit of programming knowledge. A google search on "how to create apps" will pull up a heap of them.

Learn to Code sites - I have found a heap of these where they will teach you to code and develop apps. Some of them have a modularised solutions where you can develop complex apps using a combination of pre-programmed modules plus your own coding. I personally have no interest in learning to code so haven't spent much time here.

Engage a contractor - I have used this method successfully to develop 2 apps which are currently making money on the App Store (not heaps of money but I've recovered my development costs and am making a small profit). I currently have 4 other apps in the pipeline getting coded as we talk. I found my Coder through Freelancer (but you can use any of the "match maker" sites like Elance, etc). This is a quick and cost effective way of developing your app.

My best tip is to start with a mock up of your app using either some of the good apps available , online services or a free download called "MockApp" (search for it in Google). This then gives you something concrete to take to the Coder which reduces the cost and timeframes.

All the best

Russell

If you feel like learning how to develop your own apps you can do so for free. Go to iTunes on your iPad, click on 'iTunesU' at the bottom right hand side, select 'Universities and Colleges', then scroll to Stanford. Scroll right through the courses and you'll find a 25 lecture course on programming iPad apps. It's free and, by the end of the course, you'll be able to program some simple apps yourself. It's a great resource from one of the best Universities in the world.

It's now available at

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/itunes-u/...395605774?ls=1

SweetPoison said:
Oops. I am not even sure you can go to that link from your iphone. Someone can let us know!

That link does not work on an iPhone.

I am not a developer, but I tried to create my own app. At first I found a professional developer, but iti is too expensive. Then, I decided to learn to write code. But it was difficult for me and I had many gaps. Finally, I decided to create my applications via web services (I chose link removed ). And I succeeded. This online service has all the visual tools for building and iPhone and Android apps without necessity for coding skills. It is easy to use and not expensive. Now I have several applications created and I hope not last!!! Good luck!!!

Hi. Thanks for your interest...

As a non-tech person, I've found that there a couple of ways to develop apps:

Online Service providers - there are a heap of these sites/services that will help you develop a pretty generic app using template technology. I've messed around with some of them (like Red Foundry) but found that to do something more complex, you had to have a bit of programming knowledge. A google search on "how to create apps" will pull up a heap of them.

Learn to Code sites - I have found a heap of these where they will teach you to code and develop apps. Some of them have a modularised solutions where you can develop complex apps using a combination of pre-programmed modules plus your own coding. I personally have no interest in learning to code so haven't spent much time here.

Engage a contractor - I have used this method successfully to develop 2 apps which are currently making money on the App Store (not heaps of money but I've recovered my development costs and am making a small profit). I currently have 4 other apps in the pipeline getting coded as we talk. I found my Coder through Freelancer (but you can use any of the "match maker" sites like Elance, etc). This is a quick and cost effective way of developing your app.

My best tip is to start with a mock up of your app using either some of the good apps available , online services or a free download called "MockApp" (search for it in Google). This then gives you something concrete to take to the Coder which reduces the cost and timeframes.

All the best

Russell

What are those apps you developed? Can you mention those name please?

Umm that's not bad I've taken a look at your apps on the app store. They seem to contain static data that's why the Seattle tools could do it for you without coding . But I love coding n have strong background in java thus in 3 months time I managed to release 2 iOS apps on app store n 1 android app on android market : ) . And coding in obj c let me understand more about ios in deep : ) n I have more control in adding more features for my ap for future releases : )