What's new

Could This Be What the iPhone 5 Looks Like?

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone_5_renders.JPG

MacRumors today publishes photos of some renders that it has commissioned from CiccareseDesign that are based on recently leaked case designs, and have come up with what MacRumors believes to be a realistic representation of the next iPhone, produced on 3D modelling software. As MacRumors notes, you can only tell so much from a case design, of course, but what you can tell is the size of the screen, and going by these renders and the leaked cases, it’s looking more and more likely that the mock up that first appeared on The Verge (previously called This Is My Next), months ago, is very close to the actual iPhone 5, with an edge-to-edge screen. The render also shows a much more oval-shaped home button, because that is how it is depicted on the leaked cases, but it’s possible that this oval space is not just for the home button, but also for some some sort of home-button swiping gesture. That’s just pure speculation of course, likewise the rumours that the iPhone 5 will have an aluminium back rather than a glass back.

Source: This Could Be What Apple's iPhone 5 Looks Like - Mac Rumors

If it does look like that, I'm not liking it. Screen's stretched to the max and it makes the phone look a bit awkward.

That actually looks pretty good. Is that supposed to be a 4 inch screen?

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0) Moderator @ iPhoneforum staff

If it does look like that, I'm not liking it. Screen's stretched to the max and it makes the phone look a bit awkward.

I was thinking the same thing, although you did a better job than I could explaining exactly why it's not the best design. I just looked at it and thought "there's just something about it I don't like".

Actually, too awkward isn't exactly the description i'd personally use, though. I'm thinking it looks too fragile. Like fragile enough that no case design would keep it intact after a fall. Plus, I don't see how a design like this would work well with a case design like the Otterbox Defender, which depends on a bit of a bezel to work. With this phone design, it would have to be completely revamped by Otterbox and probably wouldn't be as durable.

Dave12308 said:
I was thinking the same thing, although you did a better job than I could explaining exactly why it's not the best design. I just looked at it and thought "there's just something about it I don't like".

Actually, too awkward isn't exactly the description i'd personally use, though. I'm thinking it looks too fragile. Like fragile enough that no case design would keep it intact after a fall. Plus, I don't see how a design like this would work well with a case design like the Otterbox Defender, which depends on a bit of a bezel to work. With this phone design, it would have to be completely revamped by Otterbox and probably wouldn't be as durable.

I'm pretty sure otterbox will be able to make a case that will fit this design. It isn't rocket science. Although I would prefer the metal baseband around the phone like the 4

It would be nice if Apple would have the LED notifier on the phone so you know if a message or call came in. That is the one thing about the BB that i really miss

I like this design it has combined both models, like they said and it has a bigger screen like they said making it look beautiful