What's new

Cost of parts- recycled materials

alice appel

Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering for the last few years, iphones have increasingly consisted of recycled parts, does anyone know how this affects the cost? Just wondering after I made the purchase and see all this stuff. It should be cheaper right??

THANKS!!

Hello,

I was wondering for the last few years, iphones have increasingly consisted of recycled parts, does anyone know how this affects the cost? Just wondering after I made the purchase and see all this stuff. It should be cheaper right??

THANKS!!
Other parts and manufacturing costs have increased so you are not likely to see a reduction in prices. Be consoled that the prices may not have risen as much.

I'm not complaining about the price, I actually wondered how it impacts the price, a decrease or increase, it's more to understand how sustainability impacts not only the product design. Bit hard to imagine any company talking about this, but would be great to know more!

Yes Ive read the sustainability reports. They explain the product design, I want to understand how it impacts the cost.