What's new

Contacts transfer

c1ogden

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm new to iphones and need to transfer my contacts from my Samsung Convoy 2 to my new iphone 13 mini. If anyone has any advice on how to do this please let me know. The guy at the Verizon store says it can't be done since Apple only talks to Apple and I will have to manually enter the 200 contacts and that all messages on my current phone will be lost. Verizon support says I should be able to move my contacts and messages to Verizon Cloud and then load them onto the iphone but they couldn't say exactly how to do it.
Any suggestions are appreciated! Thank you for your help!

Hello all. I'm new to iphones and need to transfer my contacts from my Samsung Convoy 2 to my new iphone 13 mini. If anyone has any advice on how to do this please let me know. The guy at the Verizon store says it can't be done since Apple only talks to Apple and I will have to manually enter the 200 contacts and that all messages on my current phone will be lost. Verizon support says I should be able to move my contacts and messages to Verizon Cloud and then load them onto the iphone but they couldn't say exactly how to do it.
Any suggestions are appreciated! Thank you for your help!
Are your contacts associated with a web address such as gmail, by any chance? If so, when you add that account to your new iPhone settings, you can toggle on Contacts.

Are your contacts associated with a web address such as gmail, by any chance? If so, when you add that account to your new iPhone settings, you can toggle on Contacts.
Thanks for the suggestion but, no, the contacts are just listed in my phone. It is an older flip style phone and can't download or run any apps.

Thanks for the suggestion but, no, the contacts are just listed in my phone. It is an older flip style phone and can't download or run any apps.
That’s a pity! I am afraid you are going to be busy.

If the contacts are on the old phone’s SIM card you can do this:
. If the sim doesn’t fit the iPhon, contact your cell provider as they can help,
”If the contacts from the flip phone are on the SIM for the flip, you would be able to import them to the iPhone, if the SIM from the flip fits into the iPhone. If not, then check with your carrier, many of them have software and devices that would read the old flip SIM, or the phone itself to transfer this content.”

When I got my first iPhone, the Apple store did this for me when I picked up the iPhone. They probably may still
provide this service.

If the contacts are on the old phone’s SIM card you can do this:
. If the sim doesn’t fit the iPhon, contact your cell provider as they can help,
”If the contacts from the flip phone are on the SIM for the flip, you would be able to import them to the iPhone, if the SIM from the flip fits into the iPhone. If not, then check with your carrier, many of them have software and devices that would read the old flip SIM, or the phone itself to transfer this content.”

When I got my first iPhone, the Apple store did this for me when I picked up the iPhone. They probably may still
provide this service.
Thanks, I'll try that.

Thanks, I'll try that.

I would add them in manually one at a time. I know that's time consuming, but you can just do some each day, until you get them all. If someone calls or texts, you can add them easily right then. Contacts work best on iPhone if they're iCloud contacts, rather than Gmail or some other. Once you get them added in, then you can go back and add in stuff like an avatar/photo, birthday, email address, home address, ringtone, etc.

I would add them in manually one at a time. I know that's time consuming, but you can just do some each day, until you get them all. If someone calls or texts, you can add them easily right then. Contacts work best on iPhone if they're iCloud contacts, rather than Gmail or some other. Once you get them added in, then you can go back and add in stuff like an avatar/photo, birthday, email address, home address, ringtone, etc.
Thanks, I did end up doing them manually. Unfortunately due to other problems I had to return the phone and go to an Android. Thanks to all for your help!