What's new

connecting bluetooth

stammis

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a problem with connecting bluetooth with my two devices, Iphone 5 and tranformer pad infinity tf700t. I amanage to pair them but they will not stay connected for more then a few seconds.

Anyone that has any idea what the issue may be?

thx in advance

Bluetooth in idevices won't connect with non Apple idevices.

Ivy is correct... Bluetooth from an Apple iDevice will only connect w/ other Apple devices for pairing or mobile hotspot, external peripheral (wireless headphones, BT headsets, etc.) and your vehicle's audio systems.

Hmm I see, it is not entierly true though, I am capable of connecting the Iphone hotspot with my android. Anyway if that is the case my next phone will probably not be a iphone if there are such restrictions, it is too bad to, they make realy good phones.

Are you saying that you're using your iPhone as the hotspot... and connecting to it via Bluetooth w/ an Android device? And it's nothing new to the world that Apple has many, many restrictions on the products. It's an unfortunate truth...

I am using the iphone as the hotspot yes and it works. It does not matter at which end I try to connect through bluetooth, the connection always fail. Well I cant imagen all the restrictions are common knowledge, but personally I think the bluetooth restriction is a bit over the top.

If the connection always fails... then it's a device that isn't compatible.

I can remember the days when you could Bluetooth ringtones and pics to each other... can't do that w/ the iPhone. Ugh!!

I guess, honestly, that's an advantage that Android has over iOS. Not a deal breaker for me by any means, though!

I guess, honestly, that's an advantage that Android has over iOS. Not a deal breaker for me by any means, though!
nor me,there's plenty of ringtones ect on the net that can be added.

nor me,there's plenty of ringtones ect on the net that can be added.

Agreeing with you both. And yes I agree that it sounds like they aren't compatible.

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)