What's new

Bluetooth Headset Connectivity Issues

tsmyth

Reaction score
I am a new iPhone 4 user, (running OS 4.2.8), and I find there is much to praise about this device. But I am having a problem keeping my bluetooth headset connected.

It pairs up easily with the iPhone but after being turned off or going out of range I have to go through the pairing process again to reconnect to the phone.

My previous phone didn't ever lose the connection even after the headset had been turned off and then turned on again.

Since changing to the iPhone 4, I have found this problem occurs with two different headsets; an LG HBM-570 and also a new Motorola H17.

Am I doing something wrong in the pairing process? How do you connect a bluetooth headset so that it stays connected to the iPhone?

there have to be a setting in the Bluetooth setting in your iPhone to allow you to keep the Bluetooth device in a list of wanted devices, that way it will connect to the Bluetooth automatically anytime it comes on.

Thanks BAB2010 for responding from Beijing. You appear to be an experienced contributor to this forum.

From my iPhone 4 Home screen, I choose Settings, General, Bluetooth, Bluetooth On/Off, and then the Motorola H17 device which I can connect to with my headset in pairing mode.

Unfortunately, my only option from there is when I touch the Motorola H17 label which takes me to the next screen that shows only "Forget this Device".

That's it. I have tried every other option in Settings and I see nothing like you are describing.

Thanks anyway. Your's is the only response to my problem that I have received, including from Apple.

Ok that's the steps, and since Motorola H17 is well listed there in the bluetooth section, your phone should be capable of picking up the headset automatically when the headset is turned on, and ofcourse you also have to have the bluetooth on in your phone. If that's not the case and your phone doesn't pick it up automatically whenever the headset comes on, then there is a issue either with your headset or with the iOS. you can try to reset all your settings see if it will cure that issue.

I am a new iPhone 4 user, (running OS 4.2.8), and I find there is much to praise about this device. But I am having a problem keeping my bluetooth headset connected.

It pairs up easily with the iPhone but after being turned off or going out of range I have to go through the pairing process again to reconnect to the phone.

My previous phone didn't ever lose the connection even after the headset had been turned off and then turned on again.

Since changing to the iPhone 4, I have found this problem occurs with two different headsets; an LG HBM-570 and also a new Motorola H17.

Am I doing something wrong in the pairing process? How do you connect a bluetooth headset so that it stays connected to the iPhone?

I am also a new Iphone4 user and I can not even get my bluetooth to pair with the phone. It works great with other phones, but not the Iphone. I don't know if this is a "me" error, lack of experience with Iphones or a problem with the phone. Can someone help?