What's new

Check this out…what a brilliant idea!!

sukha77

Reaction score
Guys, if you are using a new iPhone 5 and have a 30-pin sound dock that needs the lightning adapter. Check this out at Quirky, Lightning-to-30 pin adapter in iPhone 5 Case form factor | Quirky
It says if this idea gets enough votes, then Quirky guys will make it. Hope they make this so I don’t have to use that stupid Lightning adapter. Well, it must be priced reasonably though.

i looked at the website, but arent there already 30pin to lightening adapters that basically do the same thing.

Yes, but thing is that the 30-pin adapter is about 1 inch high so if I plug it into my iPhone 5 and my B&W sounddock, the phone is hanging in the air. I was concerned it would break my phone or the adapter if I accidentally hit my phone while phone is docked. I was looking around to find some kind of sleeve or case that can securely host my iPHone 5 and the 'tiny' adapter. If you look at that idea and pics at Quirky, you would understand what i mean. It is nothing major but would be very handy to protect your sounddock and phone and even the adapter. I was expecting to buy one but it seems that it is still at the idea stage. I wish they will put it into production and sell(hopefully it won't cost much more than the 30-pin adpater which is $29!)