What's new

Charging dock that works with Otterbox Defender case

Bamma29

Reaction score
Has anyone run across a dock or charger that will work with the iPhone 5 in a Otterbox Defender case?

I have looked and have not found anything. i dont even think the lightning to 30 pin would work because i think it is to bulky. but if you ever do find anything then please post it.

Thanks for the reply. I will give the site a look...

I decided to try the stand from Ebay that I linked above. It came in today's mail and after trying it out it seems like a pretty good solution. The slot that is in the dock is just the right size for the Otterbox Defender. Manipulating the tab that covers the lightning port for charging is easily done with the slot that is cut into the dock

kack,

The link above has several pictures that show the dock. At the bottom of the product page there is also a very short video showing the iPhone 5 in an Otterbox being docked. The dock that was shipped to me looked just like what was advertised on the ebay page.

Attachments

• $iphone_5_desktop_dock_charging_cradle_mfi_otterbox_case_020.jpg
    $iphone_5_desktop_dock_charging_cradle_mfi_otterbox_case_020.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 2,213
Last edited:
There's also this wedged shape concept.

http://wedgedock.com

It works with my Armour case and it doesn't tip. It has to work with all the iPhone 5 series and latest iPod Touch (Lightning) devices. Found what appears to be their shop on Etsy.