What's new

Otterbox

svarney

Reaction score
i am looking at getting a iphone with an otterbox defender series. Only question is will it still fit in the alarm clock/dock units that are being sold with the case on?

Odds are no. That is a very thick case. Even the commuter has issues.

Darn I would like a rugged case since i don't care for having it in my pocket. Being a firefighter i don't need to damage it when on the job.

The new Otter box looks alot slimmer than the original for some reason. I didnt care for it because it was so bulky but for over all protection it is really the way to go.

I love my otter box for my Evo. It has saved me a few times when i dropped the phone. Please the service from otter box is greats. My holster broke on 2 different time and they replaced it for free.

The Otterbox Defender series for the iPhone 3G/GS, 4/4S will not allow the phone to fully dock. There's aftermarket dock extenders sold all over the place that are OE iPhone compatible. Just make sure the extender you choose will fit the Otterbox dock opening.

The life proof box looks great but the price is high.

The life proof box looks great but the price is high.
For some the price is nothing compared to what it'll cost replacing their phone. As far as docking w/ the Lifeproof case... I have no experience w/ this case. I do know, however, that any case that's thicker that 3-4mm off the dock end of the iPhone w/ affect it connecting properly.