What's new

charging cable query

compiler

Reaction score
For the part of the charger that goes into the iphone 6 plus, does it matter which end is up?

Second question: can I use my iPad 2018 cable to charge my iPhone (I assume yes and it will charge quiccker).

In that vein, can I use my iPhone charger to charge the iPad (I assume yes but it will charge slower)?
Mel

For the part of the charger that goes into the iphone 6 plus, does it matter which end is up?

Second question: can I use my iPad 2018 cable to charge my iPhone (I assume yes and it will charge quiccker).

In that vein, can I use my iPhone charger to charge the iPad (I assume yes but it will charge slower)?
Mel

Only one end will fit into the phone, the small end.

You can use the iPad charger to charge the phone, but the iphone charger does not put out enough current to charge the iPad.

The end that goes into the iPhone can go in upside down, the phone detects the cable direction when it is plugged in - pretty smart phone.

The cables from your iPhone and iPad are the same and are interchangeable.

The charging blocks are interchangeable as well, but your iPhone charger, (the smaller of the two) charges much slower. It wil do the iPhone fine, even while using the iPhone, but won't be able to keep up with the iPad if you are using it. It will give you longer life on the iPad though, because it is charging, just not fast enough. If you use the small charger from your iPhone on the iPad and you aren't using the iPad it will charge the iPad up - just slower.

Now using the big charger on the iPad will charge it faster, and fully charge it even when you are using the iPad. If you charge your iPhone with the larger iPad charger it will charge your phone much faster and won't harm your battery.

Sorry for such a long response, hope this helps answer your question.