What's new

Changed ringtone, still playing Marimba

TimeTraveler7

Reaction score
Other then Settings > Sounds: section "Sounds and Vibration Patterns": field "Ringtone" -- is there any other place where I should change which ringtone is to be used by default on iPhone 4S?
I've changed it there (into some other ringtone I uploaded earlier -- it played on selection, and it plays when I try to change the nearby volume slider, so obviously nothing's wrong with the ringtone), but incoming calls still play the default Marimba ringtone.

Point Settings > Sounds to your ringtone of choice, close out back to your Springboard, and hard/reset reset the device. It should fix it up

Apparently it's been a problem for iOS 6 for many users according to the Apple Forums. I personally don't use ringtones since my phone is on either vibrate or silent. I can't test it out at the moment since the FTP ports are blocked at work.

After the reset, the new ringtone has been picked up.
(My last reset changed the battery percentage from 76% to 79%, that seemed weird too. Speaking of bugs, is there any special reason why the click sound of the on/off button (when I lock the device by pressing this button) is sometimes louder, sometimes quieter? "Change with buttons" has always been off, so I suppose the click volume should always stay the same.)

Not sure. Might be a bug? See if turning the sound up then lowering it back to where you want it and see if that helps. Again, I personally don't play with sounds that much so I can't give you definitive answers and solutions sorry :p

OK, here's the result of a "non-controlled experiment" (i.e. casual observation) :) in this regard (in case someone else will be wondering about the peculiarities of the click sound):
It seems that the click will be louder if, prior to pressing the sleep button, some other sound was playing (such as music or alarm). As to how long it takes for this to recuperate (i.e. the click sound getting back to normal), I didn't really take notice.

Personally, I didn't face this issue. But know one thing, when iOS device refuse to accept any new changes, simply hard reset the device to resolve the issue. iOS 6 comes up with lot of weird bugs!

Well, it seems the custom ringtones issue is the same with Alarm clock. I was expecting a peaceful custom ringtone this morning (which I imported yesterday), but was rudely awakened by the default Marimba. I hope they fix this by the next iOS update.

Im having this problem too, sort of, my custom ringtone worked when the first person rang me after i changed it. It now only works if an unknown number calls me. My contacts are not in any special lists or anything they are just normal contacts. Please help!

Also, if a hard reset fixes it, how do i do it, does it delete any data and will i lose anything?

Also, im not on IOS6 im on IOS7.2.

Thanks.