What's new

Case recommendations.

steelerdude1

Reaction score
I will be returning my lifeproof case, WAY to many issues with it, I even exchanged it for the latest and greatest version, and its still is not good.

I don't like the bulk of the Otterbox, so what else is out there that's not too Bulkey but lets the phone operate as it should.

Thanks!

What requirements do you have? There aren't many cases in the market that offer specs comparable to the Lifeproof. All of them, however, are going to be bulky. The new Otterbox Armor series has some pretty awesome specs... but it too is bulky.

What was most appealing about the lifeproof case was its water proof design And slim line case. I use my phone on my motorcycle for music and GPS. I loved the fact that I would have no worries if I got caught in a down pour. But the case vibrates badly when the phone rings or make notification sounds, nobody can hear me when I am talking on the phone, and I can't hear my alarm when it goes off in the morning. Too many negatives for me.

I see that griffin and otterbox have water proof cases, I wonder if those have the same issues.

I do not plan to submerge my phone so a water resistant slim line case would be what I am after along with some protection from drops.

Last edited:
have you thought about liquipel for water resistance that would be enough for rain resistance and some other water related incidents. and then maybe try a commuter case less bulky and a fair amount of protection

I don't know if you have found a case yet you like but I did want to add that my Husband uses the otterbox water proof case for his iPhone 5 and even though it is semi bulky it still isn't as bad as their water proof case was for the 4/4s.. he's had nothing but good luck out of it , plus he works outside in all weather types and the phone is still perfect, no slack at all in the case nice tight fit so it's solid to the phone. I also have one for my iPhone 5 and I can say there is no bad vibrations from the case or phone when I've been using mine.

I say to preorder the incipio atlas check this bad boy out

I love spigen products but there not water proof. Have dropped in snow a few times without a issue though

I personally cannot stand the feel of the otter box cases. That said, they do what they say they will do but I am after sleek and sexy. The basic bumper does me just fine. Apple doesn't make an "official" one, but got one at target that is well made and durable.

I do have an otter box though. (Have always had one with all my phones). Use it when I go hiking, camping or to the beach. :)

Picked up a Tucano Libretto case for iPhone 5 & love it. Nice & slim fitting & a landscape stand.

I recommend the Lunatik Taktik for both iphone 5 and 4/4s. Not sure if the version for the 5 is available yet, their website will have more info.

It's in pre-order right now. Two colors I believe. The extreme and strike are the two available for pre order. The extreme has the gorilla glass and I believe the strike is open in the front but don't quote me on that.

I have the taktik for iPhone 4S and I have to say its been one of the few cases I've been able to stand for extended periods. The mute switch is a huge plus as you don't have to stick your finger in a hole in the side of the case (otter box defender) to switch it. Plus the gorilla glass screen is the only way to go. It's like you are using the phone with out a protector. It's not 100% water proof but it'll hold up if you get caught in the rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a case from zoogue. Was just a basic rubbery plastic soft case. Paid like 10 bucks for 3 cases at the time.

Heard about the Incipio stashback case. Great for holding cards and lessens my need to carry wallet bulge in my back pocket.

The stashback...

$image-3166285467.jpg

I've just got the Taktik on my 4s....I won't be upgrading until they move the headphone jack back to the top where it belongs. It is absolutely the best case. Very expensive, but can't beat it for protection as well as looks.