What's new

CarrierCompare Aims to Make it Easy to Choose the best Carrier for Your Location

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
6232-carriercompare.JPG

CarrierCompare is a new app from Boston startup SwayMarkets that is designed to help you pick the best wireless carrier to suit you.

“This app was exactly what my girlfriend and I needed to pick the right service when we moved to San Francisco last month,” said Brian Roundy, one of the app’s early customers and beta testers.

The app analyses location and quality-of-service information in the US to show which carrier has the best service for a customer at their particular given location and moment in time. SwayMarkets says that this sort of information is usually controlled very tightly by phone companies, marketers, and other interested parties, but CarrierCompare makes it directly available to the customer. CNN Money explains that the app is very simple to use: simply touch the app’s start screen, and it will then get to work analyzing your network’s signal strength, response time and speed, before comparing the results with other nearby results for the other two national networks.

Click here to download the free app: CarrierCompare - Find the best service for you for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Source:
SwayMarkets,

CarrierCompare: Test your carrier's network quality - Apr. 13, 2012

I dunno about all the details, but it does list Sprint as having "Poor Service" which is 100% true in every conceivable way - it may even be too generous! So at least in that respect the app appears to be accurate :)

Take Care,
Rob