What's new

Carbon Fiber iPhone 5S Case Can Survive a Shotgun

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
In recent years, iPhone cases have been starting to get redundant, offering the same type of protection, similar design, and all have one specific goal: protect the iPhone at all costs. While there are cases on the market that can protect an iPhone from things such as water and dust, a new case can now withstand a shotgun blast.

We’ve seen multiple YouTube videos of the iPhone and iPad getting shot with some high-powered artillery, but it seems as though none of them have survived. Proporta’s new iPhone 5S case is packed with a carbon fiber plate, with a video demonstrating its power to take a shotgun to the face.

This reminds me of one of those movies where a police officer has been shot, but saved by his badge taking the hit. While most of us will hopefully never get shot by any sort of gun, Proporta’s case is capable of taking the hit for you, this is if the bullet happens to hit your iPhone.

Proporta’s carbon fiber case is now available for purchase, costing about $60 in the United States. The case is available in black and white, so if you’re in the market for a bullet-proof iPhone case, give this one a shot (no pun intended).

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see the headlines now.

"Local man saved by iPhone case after taking a buckshot to the chest when neighbor thought he was a burglar"

There was a joke on my fav radio station about same situation but was an android phone save someone's life and at the end radio dj said I bet iPhone doesn't have an app for that :)