What's new

cannot activate iPhone 3GS after upgrading to IOS 5.01

kingsizesinha

Reaction score
[h=2][/h]
I have an iphone 3GS previously JB'en and running perfectly on ios 4.1
i had saved my shsh and unchecked set hosts to cydia on exit in TU,
i recently upgraded it to 5.01 the upgrade itself was errorless but I cant get past the activation in itunes, the simcard is in but it keeps saying no simcard inserted.

please give me or guide me to a step by step to get past this problem, or revert to my 4.1​

You have to use sn0wbreeze to hactivate the phone so it doesn't need to be activated. And if you need it unlocked when it's all done open redsn0w and install the iPad baseband again. That's only if your phone is able to be unlocked. Check the build of your phone by using the serial number or aka check the boot rom in snow breeze

ok i managed to get past the activation but now there is no service, i dont get the carrier selection in settings too, i read in another thread in this forum that a fix for that is to reinstall ipad baseband but a disadvantage is that my gps wont work. is that true? can someone please confirm

The iPad baseband 6.15.00 will kill your GPS but will allow you to unlock if you want to use another carrier besides AT&T, Verizon or Sprint. Rock and a hard place.