What's new

Can I find out if my iPhone 4s is new or refurbished??

Eranz3

Reaction score
Hi all,
I bought a brand new iPhone 4s which appeared to be damaged (right out of the box). I got from my local mobile
carrier (orange) a 'new' iPhone in a generic box. Orange claims its a new device. Is there any way I can guarentee it's a new piece and not a refurbished or replaced one?

Thanks, Eran.

Eranz3 said:
Hi all,
I bought a brand new iPhone 4s which appeared to be damaged (right out of the box). I got from my local mobile
carrier (orange) a 'new' iPhone in a generic box. Orange claims its a new device. Is there any way I can guarentee it's a new piece and not a refurbished or replaced one?

Thanks, Eran.

How is it damaged? And was it in a sealed box? Was it already activated ? (did it give you a welcome activation screen when you turned it on or did it to into the lockscreen straight away?)

If the above is true, take it back and make a big fuss

The first one which was in a sealed box turned off spontaneously one-two times a day. I refused taking the "new" iPhone because it didn't come in an original box.

Orange do tend to give out refurb devices. Everytime ive recieved a replacement handset either off insurance or to replace a faulty one its always been a 'like new' phone in a plain box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most do that. Over here, most stores have a 3 day DOA, and after that they give you a refurbished.

Refurbished isn't necessarily bad, because there are a lot of refurbished that were basically returns (someone bought the phone and changed their mind and took it back, they are still obligated to send it to get refurbished, which means double checked, change back and front parts and give it a new IMEI).