What's new

Calender and Reminders..

KeenGrip25

Reaction score
I am feeling a little (well only slightly really) frustrated. I love that you can talk to siri and add reminders. BUT I want her to put my reminders in my calendar.

'set reminder for 14th dec at 4pm, "dinner with family 6pm tonight"'

If I say that, she can pop that into my reminders and at 4pm I will be reminded that i have dinner with the family that night at 6pm, but I want that to go straight into my calendar.. not my reminders!! Then everything is there in front of me in one spot. Not some things in reminders and some in the calendar (if you coud view reminders as a monthly calendar it would be great, I would just use that as my calender, but you can't seem to.

I often use reminders, but on my old phone i did it all through the calendar, eg I'll set a reminder to go off at 8am saying 'pay school fees today', but its not that easy to put that in the calendar in the iphone 4s. You have to either select a start and finish time for the event or select 'all day' then the alert can only remind you at 9am on the day, the day before etc.. you can't just choose a time that you want to be reminded!!! Its annoying....

Am I doing something wrong or are there any good calendar apps that can do this? Obviously i wouldn't be able to use siri then, which would be a shame because its easier and faster than typing things in.

KeenGrip25 said:
I am feeling a little (well only slightly really) frustrated. I love that you can talk to siri and add reminders. BUT I want her to put my reminders in my calendar.

'set reminder for 14th dec at 4pm, "dinner with family 6pm tonight"'

If I say that, she can pop that into my reminders and at 4pm I will be reminded that i have dinner with the family that night at 6pm, but I want that to go straight into my calendar.. not my reminders!! Then everything is there in front of me in one spot. Not some things in reminders and some in the calendar (if you coud view reminders as a monthly calendar it would be great, I would just use that as my calender, but you can't seem to.

I often use reminders, but on my old phone i did it all through the calendar, eg I'll set a reminder to go off at 8am saying 'pay school fees today', but its not that easy to put that in the calendar in the iphone 4s. You have to either select a start and finish time for the event or select 'all day' then the alert can only remind you at 9am on the day, the day before etc.. you can't just choose a time that you want to be reminded!!! Its annoying....

Am I doing something wrong or are there any good calendar apps that can do this? Obviously i wouldn't be able to use siri then, which would be a shame because its easier and faster than typing things in.

Say "set an appointment" (instead of a reminder), I did it and it worked.