What's new

There must be an app for this

K

Katrine

Hi everyone,

I'm searching for an iPhone app for a very specific purpose.

Our situation is this: our son just started in daycare and with two parents who have work schedules that change every day/week, we need to plan who is bringing him and picking him up every day.

We are used to using a shared calendar for planning everything, but it is too much trouble to create two new events in the calendar every day for bringing and picking up. So there must be an app we can use for this!

I've looked at several family planners/organizers, but doing this in those apps is more trouble than using the calendar. So I thought of using a sort of booking app - for example, let's say you have a meeting room at work with pre-defined time slots that you can book on your iPhone. All you would need to do was to open the app, see a calendar view with the available time slots and tap the one you want to book. Then everyone else could see the booking, possibly the app could make a copy of the booking in the user's calendar and even add an automatic reminder.

We could use this functionality with our son. We would have two available time slots - one for bringing him and one for picking up, then we could each "book" him on the days we agree to pick him up with a single tap, and our own bookings would be added to our individual or shared calendars with a reminder.

Do any of you know of such an app or similar?

Thanks in advance