What's new

Buying iphone 4s on craigslist?

Question for you - why did you buy this on Craigslist when you could have bought this from apple or the wireless carrier directly? Isn't the 64GB 399.99? Just curious.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.0.1 Update using iPF.net

Because he bought it off contract which is what I want.

nikstar said:
I bought mine off Ebay. Brand new and still sealed in the box. I am paranoid about buying things like that and being ripped off and Ebay gives me the buyer protection if something goes wrong.

I would only buy anything from Craigslist or eBay if I were getting a good deal and with buyer protection. Not pay MORE for the same product when I can just buy it from Verizon which is much safer than either of those places. That's just me! N

eric632 said:
Because he bought it off contract which is what I want.

So you just add it to your plan without renewing your contract?

So you just add it to your plan without renewing your contract?
Yes... the $399 price tag for a 64GB 4S is w/ a 2yr New Contract or Contract Extension agreement. You can purchase a phone from somewhere else... as long as it will work w/ your carrier, and be good to go.

Buying mine through EBay saved me $100 less than if I were to buy it straight from Apple. And it was Factory unlocked so that wasn't an issue. I sold my iPhone 4 through Gumtree and the young guy who bought it came and tested it, played with it and made sure it was unlocked before he payed me. I was quite happy with that and I think thats the best way to do it. Take your own sim card and check that it is unlocked and not stolen before paying any money.

Question for you - why did you buy this on Craigslist when you could have bought this from apple or the wireless carrier directly? Isn't the 64GB 399.99? Just curious.

Like previously mentioned I bought it off contract. I could not pass up the deal if I got it from Verizon off contract it would be 850 bucks so yea I jumped all over 500.

badfish said:
Like previously mentioned I bought it off contract. I could not pass up the deal if I got it from Verizon off contract it would be 850 bucks so yea I jumped all over 500.

Ok gotcha!! ;)

Does anyone know if I still need a data plan if I get phone unsubsidized because I live in campus and there is free wifi everywhere.

Any wireless carrier is going to require a data plan on a smart phone. But if you are on wifi is does not deduct from your data allowance.