What's new

Built-In Calendar App

Puzzled

Reaction score
Is the Built-In Calendar App a Google App or is it Apple? It seems to be connected to all things Google. I would like to be able to sync the calendars on my phone with my iPad Air, but I don't my info stored in that stupid cloud or with Google. I just want it transferred to the other device so that event shows on both devices.

I was hoping I could Airdrop and event between devices, but I don't see an option for that.

Last edited:
Agreed, the built in Calendar app is an Apple app.

It's possible to sync calendar events with other services than iCloud as well. My calendar entries are syncing via my Gmail account, e.g.

You'll need an online account to sync the entries from your iPhone to the iPad and vice versa, or use iTunes to sync your calendar:

If you have iTunes 10 or iTunes 11.2 or later, check to see if iTunes is syncing calendars:

1. Connect your iOS device to your computer with the USB cable that came with it.
  2. Locate your device in iTunes, then select the Info tab. When you select the Sync Calendars checkbox, then iTunes is set to sync your calendars.
(Apple Support)

If you use iTunes to sync events, you'll have to disable Calendars in Settings - iCloud on your iDevices, or else you could get duplicate entries.