What's new

block incoming calls/SMS's

int

Reaction score
hi,I have jaibreak on iPhone 3GS with iOS 4.2.1 and I want to block all incoming calls and all text-messages(SMS's) except the numbers I allow..
what app shoud I use?
also is it possible to block this incoming calls/SMS's by altering the firmware since some software has flaws?
thanks.

Not without jailbreaking no. There are a few tweaks that allows you to block SMS/calls from numbers or to whitelist numbers. Blocking of numbers was not made default until iOS 7, so jailbreaking is necessary for that feature on iOS 6 and below

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk Pro

hi,as i've written i have JB,what app you recomend? i heard about iBlacklist but its not free,is it not possible to implement blocking of incoming calls/SMS's by altering the firmware itself?

hi,as i've written i have JB,what app you recomend? i heard about iBlacklist but its not free,is it not possible to implement blocking of incoming calls/SMS's by altering the firmware itself?

The firmware has nothing to do with the functionality. It's best to not directly change the firmware to suit your needs because it's unstable if it goes wrong, hence why there are tweaks developed to do so, that way you can troubleshoot it rather than hard coding it into the iOS. Is it possible to do by hard coding? Sure, but if something goes wrong, you'll be restoring every time rather than placing the device into No Substrate mode and resolving it that way.

A free alternative would be SMSNinja. I've used it for a few weeks before I bought an iBlacklist license, it did the job decently.