What's new

Block calls?

spaced

Reaction score
Hi guys, other than jailbreaking, is there any way to block certain numbers from calling you?

I hope so!!!

No I was thinking more of an automated thing like on the dreaded android phones

Are you on Verizon? Lol. The only other way is to call your network provider

No way, spaced. I wish there were a way, but not via any iPhone settings or apps. What you're discussing is best addressed to the phone company, and in my experience, they won't do much either! Perhaps you could give a "silent" ringtone to the phone number you wish to block.

EWyatt said:
No way, spaced. I wish there were a way, but not via any iPhone settings or apps. What you're discussing is best addressed to the phone company, and in my experience, they won't do much either! Perhaps you could give a "silent" ringtone to the phone number you wish to block.

Im in the UK and they even less likely to assist. Silent ringtone sounds the best quick fix. Thanks!!

Im in the UK and they even less likely to assist. Silent ringtone sounds the best quick fix. Thanks!!

Silent ring tone is good unless you have it on vibrate! There is an app called iBlacklist. You have to pay for it 69p but it does block numbers you add to it.

iHolophyte

Silent ring tone is good unless you have it on vibrate! There is an app called iBlacklist. You have to pay for it 69p but it does block numbers you add to it.

iHolophyte

True, about Blacklist. But don't you have to "jailbreak" the phone for that app? Oooops, I just checked it in the App Store and it has a rating of "1" of 4 stars. Bad reviews. Moving on....

I disconected my voice mail and silent ringtone works like a charm

True, about Blacklist. But don't you have to "jailbreak" the phone for that app? Oooops, I just checked it in the App Store and it has a rating of "1" of 4 stars. Bad reviews. Moving on....

It has got bad reviews but I find it works alright. I have a couple of cold sales numbers added to it and since then it hasn't rang. So I suppose it goes off what you need to blacklist numbers for!

iHolophyte

deliziosa said:
YouMail is good app for blocking unwanted calls,

Probably would be if I could actually locate it in the app store. Not showing on the uk app store

YouMail. I found it in the iTunes apps site, but there is little or no description of the app's capabilities -- which is typical of the iTunes' app store site. Went to the YouMail web site and likewise, very little description of what it actually does. Just lots of praise and rah-rah about the app. Nowhere did I read that it can block phone numbers, but perhaps it can.

EWyatt said:
YouMail. I found it in the iTunes apps site, but there is little or no description of the app's capabilities -- which is typical of the iTunes' app store site. Went to the YouMail web site and likewise, very little description of what it actually does. Just lots of praise and rah-rah about the app. Nowhere did I read that it can block phone numbers, but perhaps it can.

Definately not on UK app store