What's new

Backing Up Photos

TGOD721

Reaction score
I have a jail broken iPhone 5 from evasion jailbreak. It works really good and I'm planning to stay in 6.1.2. I was seeing some threads on how some people's iPhones crashed and their contacts and photos were permanently deleted. I really did not want this to happen so I knew how to backup my contacts but not my photos. I have backed up manually on iTunes but I'm not sure if that backs up my camera roll. I am not planning to use iCloud. Any suggestions?

Using the backup feature on iTunes will backup all contacts, camera roll, text messages, notes, and almost every aspect of user-end data.

Just to put it out there, you can also use PC utilities like iExplorer to extract only photos or only contacts or only text messages, etc etc without having to backup everything. This is great if you have a ton of data on your device, and you're only looking to extract or backup bits and pieces of it, so it'll definitely save you time when you want to backup half a gig of photos, as opposed to the 50 or so gigs of data on your device that's being backed up when using iTunes.

Alright! So if I restore my jail broken iPhone and I select the backup I did before restoration it will have my camera roll from before restoration?