What's new

Archive disappearance

janalangreen

Reaction score
I use Outlook on my iPhone4 and recently archived an important family email with a video attachment. The message has disappeared from my iPhone Archive file but is still in my laptop. How can I re-find the message on my iPhone?

Welcome to iPhoneForums, janalangreen!

Look at the settings for your Outlook account, especially "Mail Days to Sync". If you set a limit there, change it to "No Limit". The email should reappear on your iPhone, in case it disappeared because of that limit.
image.jpg

Hope that helps.

Look at the settings for your Outlook account, especially "Mail Days to Sync". If you set a limit there, change it to "No Limit". The email should reappear on your iPhone, in case it disappeared because of that limit.
]
Hope that helps.

Thanks for that but I cannot find the page Mail Days to Sync. How do I get there? Settings in Outlook simply leads to my email address and nothing like your attachment.

Last edited:
You'll find it in Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Tap the account there:
image.jpg

This will lead you to the next page, where you'll find it:
image.jpg

View attachment 18372
Hope that helps.

Thanks again. I am having trouble with this site as I cannot read your latest reply as it is behind the attachment - which I cannot shift! Anyway, your directions to Mail Days to Sync were impeccable - but No Limit is already selected. Any more ideas? Sorry to be a pest.

Open the Mail app, go to Outlook's Archive, and pull down to force the mailbox to refresh/sync.
image.jpg

Here's another auggestion if the above didn't help:
Remove the account from your iPhone and set it up again. If the email is still on Outlook's servers, which it should be, it should sync to your iPhone again. Make sure that you use "Outlook.com" when you set it up (in Add Account).