What's new

Apps cannot restore after migrate from iphone 6 plus to iphone 7 plus

The way I do it is the same as the method I posted about earlier in this thread. It works for me every time without fail.
Is iTunes on your computer updated to the latest version 12.5.3? iOS 10.1.1 is the latest version of iOS.

Yes, the iTunes in my computer is latest version 12.5.3.17, need update to ios 10.1.1 really ?
besides , i try to write the step again as below, pls let me know the step is correct or not. tks

1) Transfer purchase items
2) Sync
3) Perform the backup
4) Check the apps have reside in iTunes library or not.

Manually transferring purchases to get the apps into the itunes library on your computer is done just before syncing your iPhone. Creating the backup and syncing your iPhone are done at the same time. After you've disconnected your iPhone, a check of the apps section in iTunes should reveal any transferred apps.

Here's what Apple has to say about transferring purchases. Redownload or transfer your iTunes Store purchases from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod to a computer

I've just discovered that transfer purchases will not work to transfer apps in iOS 9 or later. You'll have to go to the App Store purchase history in iTunes and download them from there.

Last edited:
Manually transferring purchases to get the apps into the itunes library on your computer is done just before syncing your iPhone. Creating the backup and syncing your iPhone are done at the same time. After you've disconnected your iPhone, a check of the apps section in iTunes should reveal any transferred apps.

Here's what Apple has to say about transferring purchases. Redownload or transfer your iTunes Store purchases from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod to a computer

I've just discovered that transfer purchases will not work to transfer apps in iOS 9 or later. You'll have to go to the App Store purchase history in iTunes and download them from there.

Still unsuccessful after performed above steps. same as yr mentioned this method not work for IOS 9 or later.

Besides, i just remember that the apps is purchased by "A" apple id in previous. I'm no use this apple id now and removed in apple before.
i ever tried create this apple id again and try to get the apps from apps store. but not found any apps in this account now.

Have another methods to do this ?
Can export the apps to ipa file in old iphone and install ipa file into new iphone ?

tks

If the apps were purchased using an Apple ID you no longer use then there's no way to transfer them to your computer or any iOS device you own. Converting apps to .ipa files and exporting those files to other devices is a form of piracy and as such we do not allow discussion on such topics.

Your only hope is to be able to resurrect that old Apple ID and transfer the apps to your computer using that Apple ID.

If the apps were purchased using an Apple ID you no longer use then there's no way to transfer them to your computer or any iOS device you own. Converting apps to .ipa files and exporting those files to other devices is a form of piracy and as such we do not allow discussion on such topics.

Your only hope is to be able to resurrect that old Apple ID and transfer the apps to your computer using that Apple ID.

Already resurrected old Apple ID but not found any apps under such old Apple ID.
So worries now....................