What's new

Apple's iPhone 9 Has An Unfixable Design Problem

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iphonex-9.png

Apple AAPL is making a lot of changes with its upcoming new iPhones. One of the most exciting is how the company will slash prices to give iPhone fans a budget model with iPhone X-styling (details). But it will come with one unfixable design problem… In a tweet, the prolific, mysterious, cat-loving and consistently reliable tipster Ice Universe has confirmed the so-called ‘budget iPhone X’ or ‘iPhone 9’ will not and cannot look like the more expensive second-generation iPhone X (details) and new iPhone X Plus (details) it will launch beside, due to budget constraints.

Continue Reading @ forbes

Good. This way I know who the cheapos are from a distance.

We’ll only definitely find out when the new iPhones are announced in September. Apple never releases details ahead of time.

Last edited:
I'm not sure an extra 1-2 mm are really such a bad thing, especially on the lower cost LCD iPhone. Most people will have them in bulky cases and it probably won't be noticeable.

Cases take away from the experience. I've only ever used my iPhone with zero protection. The style and design is beautiful without a case or screen protector. Get the AppleCare+ and you're set.