What's new

Apple's 9.7-Inch iPad Pro is Officially Unveiled

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
ipad-pro-97-march-2016.jpg

Apple showed off the new 9.7-inch iPad Pro which was previously rumored. The new smaller version of the iPad Pro is jam packed with powerful hardware and features.

Here's a breakdown:
  • Brand new and improved "Pro" display - brighter, wide color gamut, and with lower reflectively - includes new TrueTone Tech to match color warmth
  • Pro Audio System - 4 speakers - twice audio volume of iPad Air 2
  • Apple A9X processor - 3D FinFET process - 12 Cores - M9 coprocessor, great for pro apps, multi-tasking, videos and gaming - supports always on "Hey Siri"
  • Supports accessories like a new Smart Keyboard (automatically works when plugged in) - the Apple Pencil (introduced with the first iPad Pro) - USB Camera Adapter - SD Card Reader
  • More Advanced Camera - 12MP iSight, 4K video - Augmented Reality Apps, scan docs, astronomy
  • 5MP front FaceTime camera
  • 4 Metal finishes - new color is the Rose Gold
  • & More (visible in the screen-cap above)
The price of the iPad Pro is $599 and $749 (respectively) for the 32GB and 128GB versions. There will also be a 256GB storage version for $799. They will be available on March 31st, 2016.

I'm tempted to get this even though I haven't had my iPad Air 2 long.
I'm also interested in Apple Pencil, I'm not an artist by any means though so I'm wondering what else I would use it for.

Who has the iPad Pro and Pencil and are you finding the pencil a good addition?

Last edited:
Edit-
Just discovered you can't put a screen protector on iPad Pro if you want to use the pencil, That could make a difference as to buying one or not.
For example would the pencil mark the screen eventually.

I'm using my Apple Pencil with a (tempered glass) screen protector on my iPad Pro. No idea where you heard this, but it's not true.

I'm using the pencil when I need to edit my photos. My fingers are big, compared with the pencil's tip. It's more exact than I could ever be with my fingers.

Last edited:
I'm using my Apple Pencil with a (tempered glass) screen protector on my iPad Pro. No idea where you heard this, but it's not true.

I'm using the pencil when I need to edit my photos. My fingers are big, compared with the pencil's tip. It's more exact than I could ever be with my fingers.
I was chatting with an Apple representative and asked if I could use a screen protector and he said no, He's obviously wrong then.

One thing you have to watch out for is that grit on the screen can cause scratches when using the Apple Pencil if you aren't careful about keeping the screen clean. This would also apply to any screen protectors you're using.