What's new

Apple Sold More iOS Devices in 2011 Than Macs for the Past 30 Years

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]
5125-sold-more-ios-devices-than-macs-30-years.JPG

MacRumors reports today on a staggering statistic from Asymco’s Horace Dediu, which puts into sharp focus Apple’s stellar iOS sales figures for 2011. It’s all very well just seeing the bare numbers written down and thinking, “that’s a lot of iPads, iPhones and iPod touches,” but when you hear from Dediu the fact that the 156 million iOS devices that Apple sold in 2011 is in fact 30 million more than the 122 million Macs sold by Apple since the computer first went on sale 30 years ago in 1984, that really puts it all into perspective! Dediu says that he got the idea of comparing the sales figures of Apple’s major computing product from Tim Cook’s keynote presentation this Tuesday at the Goldman Sachs Technology and Internet Conference in San Francisco, where Cook stated that it took Apple 22 years to sell 55 million Macs, around five years to sell 22 million iPods, but just two years to sell 55 million iPads. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source: Apple Sold More iOS Devices in 2011 Than It Sold Macs in Almost 30 Years - Mac Rumors[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]http://www.asymco.com/2012/02/16/ios-devices-in-2011-vs-macs-sold-it-in-28-years/[/FONT]

Not surprised every one I know has an iPhone everywhere i go at least 6/10 of the people have iPhones.

My only hope is, with the iPhone taking the world by storm and the recent passing of Steve Jobs, that Apple doesn't begin skimping on quality to increase their bottom line.

Also iPhone is more cheaper than a macbook and also while the function of an iPhone with some user is very simple and limited to phone calls, sms, iPod, etc... the mac on the other hand is the one which limit the ability of the users to perform some task which some find very important for their works or business. Anyway i'm glad at how Apple is standing out of the crowd with their products. With mountain lion which is going to be release this summer, i think it will push some already iDevice users to change their platform of computer to OS X as it will come very handy specially with their new added features like iMessage on Mac, Notes, twitting from safari and all the iCloud features.