What's new

Apple might double the resolution on the next gen iPhone

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
$12.09.14-iPhone5.jpg

When it came out, the Retina Di​​splay blew the minds of tech consumers all over the world. Some wondered at the time, what can be better than that? And they didn’t even have the time to start imagining improvements for the Retina. Recent additions to the rumor mill seem to indicate Apple has big plans in the display department.

The Chinese publication Wiphone claims that with the advent of Apple’s next generation iPhone, a new era for the Retina display will begin, as well. According to them, the tech giant plans to double the amount of pixels found in the resolution of the iPhone 5S. The report claims that we are not going to see any change in display size and the future iPhone is going to come sporting the same 4-inch one.

More than that, the information found on Wiphone reveals that the iPhone 5S is going to feature iPad mini features, like a very narrow bezel. With this in mind, it is safe to ask the following question: Does this mean that, hardware-wise, the iPhone 5S won’t receive any updates? We surely hope not.

However, we don’t have much to wait until we’re finally able to see the device. Production of the next generation iPhone has been said to kick start in June. If this schedule is maintained, Apple is probably going to make the 10th June forecasted launch date at the WWDC. But as we have been accustomed so far, nothing is certain, as Apple hasn’t made any official announcements yet.

Source: AppleInsider

Last edited:
Could be worth hanging on for.
Indeed! And the 5S might have a more narrow bezel? I have the iPhone 5 and it's difficult to imagine how they plan to narrow the bezel any further.

I'd be very surprised if Apple doesn't follow their usual pattern..
I think a moderate hardware change and a major software overhaul would re-spark some interest. Of course it'll be "magical". ;) lmao!

I read somewhere that it will have a fingerprint recognition too. I hope whatever upgrade they have will be something to talk about though. Guess we'll see.

This will be an exciting time for the Forum if the predicted launch date of June 10th is true! Let's hope the schedule stays on course. Love these times when new devices comes out...it's very exciting for everybody!:)

Agreed!
Can't wait!! I threw an announcement up to let everyone know we're covering the news!

Well, clearly I wasn't keeping up with the latest.. I just bought the iPhone 5. But, I guess there's always room for a new Iphone :)