What's new

App to bring up a webpage you want with one touch?

a1insun

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a very simple app for iPhone such that by pressing the app icon one will goto a unique webpage they specify? I want to find an app like that and would gladly buy it. I want it so that with one touch a customer of mine can goto a personalized webpage that will be like their "safety dashboard." This could be nice for those on extreme edges of the age spectrum (kids/elderly). I would also like such an app to allow me to display my new company logo (rather than the name of the company that developed the app).

Perhaps this is so simple no one has thought of it? Yet I do think it would be valuable to give people one-touch access to their most favorite website from just one touch. If I want it surely others would pay for it. Maybe someone right here should develop it, and make sure I know so I can be the first customer!

Blessings!

a1insun said:
Does anyone know of a very simple app for iPhone such that by pressing the app icon one will goto a unique webpage they specify? I want to find an app like that and would gladly buy it. I want it so that with one touch a customer of mine can goto a personalized webpage that will be like their "safety dashboard." This could be nice for those on extreme edges of the age spectrum (kids/elderly). I would also like such an app to allow me to display my new company logo (rather than the name of the company that developed the app).

Perhaps this is so simple no one has thought of it? Yet I do think it would be valuable to give people one-touch access to their most favorite website from just one touch. If I want it surely others would pay for it. Maybe someone right here should develop it, and make sure I know so I can be the first customer!

Blessings!

Interesting.

The only real issue with an app like this is it would likely not make it through the app store review process...

You can get one click access to websites today by using the Add to Home Screen function. The properly designed website will have its own icon as well.

Wow! That is really easy to do, thewitt! I just did it, but how could I get the app icon to actually be a company logo I specify? Right now it looks like it just took a snapshot of the webpage and made that the app icon.

I know it must be possible to make the app icon a logo of your choice because I'm on Basecamp.com and they allow me to make the app icon (for my firm on their site) be my own company logo. Blessings!!

thewitt said:
The only real issue with an app like this is it would likely not make it through the app store review process...

You can get one click access to websites today by using the Add to Home Screen function. The properly designed website will have its own icon as well.

Used to do this on my old og iPod touch when there was no such thing as a Facebook app

I know it must be possible to make the app icon a logo of your choice because I'm on Basecamp.com and they allow me to make the app icon (for my firm on their site) be my own company logo. Blessings!!

That link you posted was to create icons on a web page for random people to make icons easily. I agree with thewitt that a properly designed web site will have it's own icon ready to go. However, not all of them do. So, there are apps to make your own, professional-looking icons right on the iPhone from your bookmarks.

I use the app Touch Icon Creator ($0.99, USD), although there are many. With it, I find a picture or logo of the web site and save it to my Photo app. Then, go into the app and create a logo (just follow the directions in the app). There's a place to enter a picture, which is where you add the photo you just saved.

This allows you to make bookmark icons that look as professional as if you bought an app from the App Store. Much cleaner than getting a random piece of a web site in the icon...

Maybe this'll help, too?

Marilyn

Hi,
That is good to know Mickey that an app could be manually designed to goto a webpage. I've now designed my website so that the app gets pushed to people who make a link to it. Thus, I can just give out the simplest instructions to people on how to use the Add to Home Screen function (if they don’t already know). I like it when the truth turns out to be so simple! And to think I was sweating because I thought I had to have an app built from scratch!!