What's new

App Store / iTunes Password

Krit27

Reaction score
Hey there! If someone could please help with the following, that would be great!

I just bought a new iPhone 4 and trying to use the App Store but when it asks for a password, it tries to sign me in under my old email address from my old iPhone 3GS from my previous job. There's no option to enter in my new email, it only asks for a password.

I have gone into the iPhone Settings then Store and and updated the account details there but still no luck. Any ideas? Thanks!

Just go to settings>store logout of your old account. Then log in as the new one.

Thanks but as per my original post I have done that and it still asks for the password for my old account/email. I have also tried restarting it.

Thanks but as per my original post I have done that and it still asks for the password for my old account/email. I have also tried restarting it.

It will until you sign in with the new account on the settings page. When you click sign in you on the settings page you will need your complete email and password.

Yes I have done that. I have tried signing out, restarting it, signing in again in the Settings > Apps Store section but it still asks for me to provide a password for my old account when I try to download Apps. Is there anywhere else I should be signing in?

What iTunes account is your pc signed into? I might also try a restore and set it up as a new iPhone not a restore from an old one.

It's signed into the new account. Ok I'll give it a go now, thanks!

Oh, is it possible to delete an old account?

Oooh I think I found the problem. I had downloaded Facebook on my iPod Touch using the old account and it had synched onto my iPhone 4 and so the update was going on the old account. I deleted Facebook then redownloaded it and it's no longer asking for an update now so I think it's sorted. Yay. Thanks for your help!

Hey there! If someone could please help with the following, that would be great!

I just bought a new iPhone 4 and trying to use the App Store but when it asks for a password, it tries to sign me in under my old email address from my old iPhone 3GS from my previous job. There's no option to enter in my new email, it only asks for a password.

I have gone into the iPhone Settings then Store and and updated the account details there but still no luck. Any ideas? Thanks!
Same problem if you found the solution could you please help