What's new

Anyone kayak?

iCrank

Reaction score
I'm interesting in taking lessons and plan on buying a two person kayak when I move back to Washington, DC. Just looking for advice on purchasing and learning so that I could kayak the Potomac with my wife. All advice is appreciated.

Let me revive this. So I guess everyone sticks to the land. Someone has to kayak

not everyone sticks to land im out on the water either in my kayak or my boat most days every week.

i use mine alot. probably take it out 3 or 4 days a week. I actually take it on my boat(27' pro line) then drop anchor close to the mangroves and then jump on the kayak to get into the mangroves where my boat cant get to for some good flats fishing.

have two one is a single seater cobra fishing kayak then the other is just a standard 2 person cobra kayak. When i buy mine i always get better backs, seats, and lightweight paddles because all the accessories that come with the kayaks suck.

To be honest lessons aren't needed just go out in calm waters and get used to how it handles leans and getting off and back on the kayak.

ive actually gotten pretty good at standing up on the two seater and being able to either cast my rod or throw a 6' cast net without falling.

Thanks for the advice. I really do look forward to kayaking by the beginning of next year

I have the "kayak" app. Does that count? (it's a great app for travel).

No but seriously kayaking seems something fun to do. It's on my bucket list. Let me know how it goes!

iSteve83 said:
I have the "kayak" app. Does that count? (it's a great app for travel).

No but seriously kayaking seems something fun to do. It's on my bucket list. Let me know how it goes!

Sure will.