What's new

Anyone have a Pebble Smart Watch?

perezr10

Reaction score
I was wondering if you could use Bluetooth headphones while the Pebble smart watch is connected to an iPhone 5? I highly doubt it because I think you can only pair with one device at a time but I'd love to be told I'm wrong. Even if you can't, I think the value of the Pebble is worth the tradeoff. I'm so looking forward to being able to see my notifications on my wrist without having to pull out my phone. I just wish it had a little microphone so I could speak to Siri without pulling my phone out.

Well, I got my Pebble Watch yesterday AND IT IS FREAKIN' AWESOME!!! Yes, I was able to dual-pair with my Motorola Bluetooth headphones for music while my watch was paired with my phone's Runkeeper app for running stats. My black Pebble looks sleek and would be worth the money even if it was just a cool e-ink watch.

YES, I purchased my Black Pebble SmartWatch from BestBuy ($119) on 12/17 and ...WOW. I like the idea of changing watch faces with ease, not to mention seeing SMS, Emails and of course Phone calls right there on my wrist....Welcome to the FUTURE...SMILE

I've been eyeing it for a while. The make or break for me for the Pebble would be to eye Apple's iWatch or for other potentials. For a little over a hundred, it would be a nice replacement for my old sports watch.

I was also wondering about the Apple iWatch, but right now it's just a rumor and Apple is backing the Pebble. The iWatch is probably a year or more away so I decided to go with the Pebble and walk into the future now. SMILE

I also thought about waiting for an iWatch but that could be next fall if ever. But at $119 the Pebble is about the same as a decent Seiko watch and it is just so much fun. And I fear the iWatch could cost about double this. One of my favorite features is the setting that turns on your backlight when it senses quick movement. So if you are sitting in a dark theatre and flick your wrist so your watch faces you, the light turns on! I also just downloaded an App that allows me to see the battery meter for my phone and outside temp. This is one of those rare products outside of Apple that I've purchased that actually exceeded my expectations.

I'm finding other little ways that make this watch worth it. Just this morning when I was at Walmart I could display my shopping list on my watch. That way I didn't have to walk around with my iPhone out and risk dropping it. It's much more convenient to just look at my watch for the next item on the list.

Last edited:
The one thing I'd favor the pebble over the iWatch for would be the open source on the Pebble. I'd probably eventually cave for a Pebble if the iWatch specs and functionality is released and it turns out that you're required to purchase companion widgets or tweaks for the iWatch so that it becomes compatible with the individuality of each user

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

I have a feeling the rumored iWatch is going to cost upwards of $350 just like the Galxay Gear. I've started to save now for both the iphone 6 and iWatch (rumored) just in case....SMILE