What's new

Anyone else's text show up in gibberish?

kkeller87

Reaction score
hey everyone,

ive been noticing that every once in a while when someone sends me a text, its shows up in an odd array of symbols and other nonsense. Ive gotten it from two different contacts on three different days.

one contact texts me and one will show up and the rest are fine. The other contact i have not been able to receive a single readable text.

Thoughts?

kkeller87 said:
hey everyone,

ive been noticing that every once in a while when someone sends me a text, its shows up in an odd array of symbols and other nonsense. Ive gotten it from two different contacts on three different days.

one contact texts me and one will show up and the rest are fine. The other contact i have not been able to receive a single readable text.

Thoughts?

Never heard of that issue. You're the first

Never heard of that issue. You're the first

You are definitely not the first.. Ive had this problem on my iPhone 4 for 6 months now. It has only happened to me with one sender.. but her phone sends gibberish to all verizon iPhones at times.. But just her phone. Apple seems to blame it one Verizon and Verizon just referred me back to Apple... I've never gotten a real answer. If you find one.. Please pass it on! :)

It happened to me yesterday. All the other texts in the thread were fine but one can through as a series of strange symbols.

my sister has a gzone brigade and if she turns on a signature it does that. turn off the signature and all good. try that :D