What's new

Any Bluetooth Headset Recommendations?

That's the one I've been using for a year now and the quality is awesome, Sound and build: Jabra BT3030 Stereo Bluetooth Headset

MUSIC & TALK MEETS THE STREETS

Features

Connect 2 devices simultaneously
Auto Pairing to mobile or other Bluetooth enabled device
Splash proof - can be used in light rain
Up to 230 hours of stand-by time
Optional metal chain and removable clothing clip included in the pack
Supplied with Jabra earphones - 3 different ear bud sizes included in the pack
Less than 30 grams in weight (incl. earphones)
Features DSP (Digital Sound Processing) - with acoustic shock protection
Auto pairing, answer/end call, voice dialling* last number redial*, reject a call*, call hold/call wait*, mute, quiet mode, playmusic*, Remote control music player*
Bluetooth 2.0 supporting headset - up to 10 metres range.

I use the Jawbone 2 and it works great! The first one I had my cat dropped it in her water and there was no fix. I had the blue ant V1 which is pretty good but doesn't have as good of a Noise cancellation feature as the jawbone. Jawbone hands down for me!

I highly recommend the Jawbone Icon. Easy to set up. Only thing it won't do is auto answer, I believe it is an Apple issue.

Wow I came to see what BT set ups have been working best with the iPhone 4 and I didn't expect to see the jawbone??? I had the original with my original iPhone it was ok but not the best, then got the prime and it was again ok but every time it moved from my face I was told it sounded like I was in the next room, and when I got the iPhone 4 it didn't work very well at all continually unpairing/disconnecting and repairing... So finally I gave that to my girl friend (works perfect with her Blackberry Curve) and I picked up the Icon and have hated it. I'm constantly being told they are getting an audio feedback that I'm hard to hear. If I walk away from my phone the audio interference gets worse, I'm constantly getting "Where is your phone???" when I'm only 5-10 feet from it line of site... I've talked to Jawbone who I do have to admit have tried to be very helpful, but after trying the repairing it worked ok for a short time but back to the same problems. Also the voice calling is a joke I can rarely get that to work right... Don't know if I just got a bad one but my track record with the Jawbone and the iPhone 4 hasn't been the best.

What I want is a head set that works, don't need apps or anything fancy just want to be heard clearly, hear clearly and handle a light breeze, some noise cancelation would be nice and stay in the ear...
So has anyone used the Plantronics Voyager Pro+???

Gersh, sorry to hear you've had bad experience with the Jawbone earpieces...honestly, I'm using the Jawbone Icon (white one) to match my white iphone 4 & it works flawlessly.

I'm using the stock bluetooth firmware that came with the Icon. I'm also using 4.0.2 on my unlocked iphone 4 & have no issues

My icon can go about 30 feet away before static kicks in. The phone can be in any pocket etc & I have no issues.

Just the other day I left the phone in the car running, hopped out to check the mail on the mailbox & came back to the car talking to my fiance & she had no idea I grabbed the mail before I came home.

Maybe your bluetooth is defective? I would exchange it for another one or worst case, try another iphone & bluetooth, pair them & see how they work together.

As for me, you guys are probably wondering what I'm doing back here since I praised the Platronics Explorer 360 a few months ago...well I lost it after my engagement party & wanted a new bluetooth to use.

I looked for one feverishly in stores & couldn't find one...well I ended up upgrading to a Jawbone Icon & as you can see I love it.

Here's an update...

I recently picked up some Jabra 925 eargels and swapped out the OEM Jawbone ones & compared the sound quality in the ear etc.

My only gripe with my Icon is that it wasn't as loud as I wanted it to be...every other feature worked great. With the new eargels not only does the sound get amplified...it gets a little clearer as well.

The sensor still sticks to my cheek too so I don't lose that all too important feature...

I highly recommend the Icon for use on the iphone 4. If you want even clearer sound in your ear & more comfortable fit, grab the 925 ear gels

FINAL update...I took our old red BlueAnt Z9i out of my fiance's car, charged it up & tried it out with the 925 eargels & OOOOMMMMGGGG

Its a brand new bluetooth...So loud I have to turn the volume down ...the call quality is not as clear as the Icon but the volume got its much needed boost.

In a total range showdown, the Icon wins hands down. It gave the longest range indoors @ about 30 feet between rooms in my apartment vs. the Z9i coming in around 20 feet before I got some static in the reception.

For noise filtering, the Icon wins hands down! I've driven to work 80MPH on the highway...windows down & no one knew during a conversation vs. the Z9i bringing in more background noise even with noise iso max turned on.

In closing, those ear gels made a noticeable difference. They're worth the extra cost to get them.

If you have an iphone 4 + 100.00 to spare, order both earpieces (Jawbone Icon + BlueAnt Z9i).

If you have an extra 10 to spare, grab some 925 ear gels and get to know your two new favorite bluetooth ear pieces. If you're anything like me, you'll swap them out every other day and enjoy your new electronic toys lol

P.S.S

I recently found my Platronics 360 bluetooth earpiece. I can't get mad about it either...if I never lost it, I would not have had the chance to have the Icon nor rediscover how my old Z9i sounds again & use it for the first time with an iphone 4.

Last edited: