What's new

announce incoming

Antonstar

Reaction score
I have a new IPhone 5,my carrier is Verizon.On other phones it could be set up to announce the name and number when receiving a call.I know it has SIRI which does hundreds of things,but all I want is the above announcement.I spent an hour this AM looking at the users manual and google-ing but can't seem to find a reference to this.Anyone know?Thanks.

Sorry there is no feature of that nature. The best you can do is create custom ringtones with the name as part of the tone. But this will only work for people in your contact list.

Jailbreaking might provided that feature but a pro in that area will need to chime in.

lol, I hadn't thought about it but that is another thing that my Android phone did that iPhone doesn't.

I didn't miss it. I just look at the screen, if it's someone I want to talk to I answer, if not I push the top button twice. Bye bye caller.

Did you ever change the names of your contacts so that your Droid would say "President Clinton on the phone for you" or something ridiculous like that? Because that was the first thing I did with my OG Droid when I figured that feature out. LOL!

No Skull, I never did that. I was also thinking when my wife called Android mispronounced my last name and Siri pronounces it correctly.

Why in the world would you want your contacts to be announced with someone else's name? And you changed the name of the contact? That's a little strange Skull.

Every PC I have ever owned with a speech module has greeted me with "Hello Dave. What can I do for you?". My name isn't Dave. LOL!

Basically I did it to make people do double takes when my phone rings. The reactions have been hilarious to say the least. My best one was "Dude. You going to answer that phone?". I set it up to repeat 5 times. People would be seriously looking around trying to figure that one out.

I had my texts set up to say " enterprise, one to beam up " this was John luc pickard voice
It was quite loud and the looks on people's faces was priceless ;)

Thanks,guys...I have my answer..not a show stopper by any means.Thanks again.