What's new

Analyst Says iOS 6 Will Help Apple Further Dominate Smartphone Market

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
7114-ios-6-launch.JPG

It looks like Apple’s iOS 6 announcement at its WWDC yesterday has gone down very well indeed on Wall Street, according to a report on AppleInsider today. Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster says that strengthened device and Web integration in iOS 6 will help Apple to put further distance between it and Android. Munster is particularly positive about the newly announced deep integration with Facebook that is one of iOS 6’s main features, making the iPhone now, according to Munster virtually a “Facebook phone.” Munster adds that Google is unlikely to ever form a similar partnership, thus giving Apple’s iOS the advantage.

“We believe this focus on integrating important web partners continues to meaningfully differentiate iOS from Android,” said Munster in a note to investors today.

AppleInsider adds that Munster says that iOS 6 will help Apple to gain more of a share of the smartphone market than Android in the US and also possibly Western Europe over the next year, with those two markets in particular accounting for approximately 65% of all iPhone sales.

Source: Wall Street expects iOS 6 to increase Apple's smartphone market share

People in the real world will love iOS 6 features.

People complaining about missing whatevers on these forums don't represent those in the real world.

thewitt said:
People in the real world will love iOS 6 features.

People complaining about missing whatevers on these forums don't represent those in the real world.

+1

I am sure those that are complaining are those that don't have a 4s. I for one get excited with each new update whether it be minor or major even though I only have the iPhone 4. No phone can be supported forever. I love my iPhone and would NEVER go android. My wife has an android and hasn't seen even one update for it and she got her phone the same time as me.

I love the new Facebook integration, the buttons for both twitter and Facebook in the notification center, the new incoming call features, multiple email signatures and Do Not Disturb.

Am I disappointed there is no Siri support for the iPhone 4? You bet! But that just makes me want the iPhone 5 even more. It is sure to be a spectacular phone. It too will have features that won't be offered on any other apple device. We should just be glad we get fairly regular updates and they are free!!!!

The iOS 6 update will definitely keep me going until the next update. 😄

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Mention Facebook and the analyst seem to lose their marbles. It's why every single one of them got the IPO so wrong and I see they still have not learned.

The only feature that I was really looking for was inter-app communication. Making a common storage area possible so you can use the same file with different apps.