What's new

Allotted Pre-Order iPhones Sold Out - How Many?

scrogg

Reaction score
So the news is that the allotted amount of iphones set aside for preoders was sold out and they quit selling them at about 8:00 pm on the 4th. Does anyone know how many that was?

So the news is that the allotted amount of iphones set aside for preoders was sold out and they quit selling them at about 8:00 pm on the 4th. Does anyone know how many that was?

It didn’t take Verizon long to break that record, either. According to Verizon CEO( Dan Mead):

In just our first two hours, we had already sold more phones than any first day launch in our history. And, when you consider these initial orders were placed between the hours of 3 a.m. and 5 a.m., it is an incredible success story. It is gratifying to know that our customers responded so enthusiastically to this exclusive offer – designed to reward them for their loyalty

I so want to see solid numbers on what they sold.

When I called last night to check on my order, the rep told me they stopped selling at 8:30. He didn't know how may the sold and also said there's a lot of marketing behind that. Meaning they are building up the demand.

When I called last night to check on my order, the rep told me they stopped selling at 8:30.
I wonder if that's why some folks who ordered later in the morning still do not have confirmation of shipping yet. I wonder if they are going to get a "out of stock" email....

When I called last night to check on my order, the rep told me they stopped selling at 8:30.
I wonder if that's why some folks who ordered later in the morning still do not have confirmation of shipping yet. I wonder if they are going to get a "out of stock" email....

I sure hope not. I wanted to order at 3am, but ended up falling asleep and ordered around 10:30am

I just heard from a friend... reliable? Not sure, but he said that they sold 700,000 iPhones before they shut down the pre-order. He also said that they sold some of the phones they had set aside for launch day and that they were only going to have 12 iPhone 4s per store...I find that really hard to believe. If that's the case there are going to be some angry people come the 10th! But that would make me even more glad I was able to pre-order.

If that's the case there are going to be some angry people come the 10th! But that would make me even more glad I was able to pre-order.
To think I was considering camping out on Wednesday night for launch day. so glad I listened to all of you and preordered instead.

700,000 is the pre sale number. verizon stop presales after they reached 700,000