What's new

Alarm auto on

redbone79

Reaction score
I looked through other posts for this and found nothing......

I had a blackberry once upon a time, and one thing I really miss is the alarm auto-on feature. I would set the alarm, power off the phone, and go to sleep. I would then be awakened the next morning by the phone. It would power on just to ring the alarm. My android didn't do that and I can't figure out if this phone (iPhone 4s) does it. I don't want to hear all the beeps throughout the night nor do I want to hear the buzzing all night. And I want to do this all without having to constantly change my settings.

Any suggestions or solutions?

redbone79 said:
I looked through other posts for this and found nothing......

I had a blackberry once upon a time, and one thing I really miss is the alarm auto-on feature. I would set the alarm, power off the phone, and go to sleep. I would then be awakened the next morning by the phone. It would power on just to ring the alarm. My android didn't do that and I can't figure out if this phone (iPhone 4s) does it. I don't want to hear all the beeps throughout the night nor do I want to hear the buzzing all night. And I want to do this all without having to constantly change my settings.

Any suggestions or solutions?

If you turn the mute switch on the side of the phone to ON, you will not get any notifications but the alarm will still go off at the appropriate time. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

If you turn the mute switch on the side of the phone to ON, you will not get any notifications but the alarm will still go off at the appropriate time. Hope this helps.
Not going to help the OP much... take a look again at what the user is to accomplish WITH the phone off and W/O changing settings. I, however, don't have a productive solution... just wanted to clear up any confusion this may cause.

Thomasjtsi said:
Not going to help the OP much... take a look again at what the user is to accomplish WITH the phone off and W/O changing settings. I, however, don't have a productive solution... just wanted to clear up any confusion this may cause.

He won't HAVE to turn it off in this case. Just a suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

He won't HAVE to turn OT off in this case.
Don't get me wrong... I understand what you're saying. The OP, however, has presented a very difficult problem to solve. True, muting the phone will not allow the notification sounds to come though. The phone will still "buzz" as the OP put it. With that, the OP DOES NOT want to have to change the vibration settings every time he/she goes to bed. I'd like to see a solution for this... as it seems like something a few users would find useful.

AFAIK ... airplane mode is the only option to achieve the correct end result.

But of course it does require leaving the phone on and altering a setting before and after sleep, hohum.

With Ander oids and iphones, off realy does mean off .. rather than the old off which meant sleep.

Last edited: