What's new

After falling, my iPhone has bootloop and doesn't turn on without plugging it into charger.

DanielRau

Reaction score
Hello,

My iPhone after falling down from one meter high started to bootloop.

I tried to restore it but after unpacking update package my phone somehow "reloads" and iTunes shows error number 21 and I tried to turn off my pc.

Anyway, I can't "turn" on my iPhone without plugging it into charger, beacuse it doesn't respond anyhow.

I hope that there's someone who could help me. c:

Error 21 could be a security issue. Try turning off or disabling any security or anti virus software on your PC as well as turning off your firewall. After this, try the restoration again and let us know if it works.

If it doesn't work, there's the possibility of a hardware problem caused by the fall.

Last edited:
I've already turned off firewall and I have no anti-virus.

Do you live near enough to an Apple Store do that you can make a Genius Bar appointment to have a diagnostic run to determine if you have a hardware problem caused by the fall?
Not being able to turn on the phone without connecting it to iTunes could indicate a problem with the battery or its connections.

Tomorrow I'll probably visit iSpot(Polish Apple Reseller) or other diagnostic service. Thanks for your help :)
And yeah, I'm not able to turn it on, It doesn't even respond to doing normal reset or just turning on, no response.

Problem was resolved on Thrusday. I went to diagnostic service. They've checked my device and the fault was that my battery unplugged after fall, beacuse of really bad reparation, beacuse they didn't screwed most of screws and few metal plates.

Problem was resolved on Thrusday. I went to diagnostic service. They've checked my device and the fault was that my battery unplugged after fall, beacuse of really bad reparation, beacuse they didn't screwed most of screws and few metal plates.
Thanks for letting us know. At least you now know what repair shop to avoid in the future.