What's new

Adobe Kills Flash For Android And Other Mobile Devices

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score

Today is the day Adobe finally killed Flash development for mobile devices. Flash is used to play your videos, games, and other popular things on the web. Every since the iPhone came out, one of the problems was that it didn't support Flash. This was a big deal since a lot of websites were build with Flash and were unable to be viewed within Safari. Apple was mainly trying to push everyone to start using HTML5 and other formats since they were safer. So finally Adobe has moved on to other things.

ZDNet had this to say:
"Our future work with Flash on mobile devices will be focused on enabling Flash developers to package native apps with Adobe AIR for all the major app stores. We will no longer adapt Flash Player for mobile devices to new browser, OS version or device configurations. Some of our source code licensees may opt to continue working on and releasing their own implementations. We will continue to support the current Android and PlayBook configurations with critical bug fixes and security updates."

Flash will still be updated with bug fixes and security updates for time to time, however that is the only attention it is going to get. So for all of those other devices out there Advertised with being able to support Flash, that's the last we'll see of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Works for me!

Poison_Apple9agDetail-1.png

Adobe knows that corporations are now locking down their users computers from installing or running Flash plugins. The Flash plugin has been the single largest security weakness for the past year and has more zero day exploits than even Windows itself.

Adobe doesn't want to give up its developer tools or developer user base due to a very steady income stream. So they are now switching to Adobe Air and a Adobe Edge.

They also have the Wallaby project running which will convert .FLA files to HTML5.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing nice post.I have been looking information on the flash development application.This
discussion has solve my concern..I am very grateful..Thank you very much...I want to know more about the
flash and how the flash application created...