What's new

Administrator

unpredictable

Reaction score
Hi,

I have jailbroken my iphone 4.2 with greenpoison and everything is fine until I connected my phone to itunes when I was presented with 2 options. To start as a new member or to restore.

I really don't know what to do because I am scared to loose my jailbreak if I choose the restore and also don't want to start all over again because I have a lot of music and customized ringtones on it.

Is there any program I can use to backup my ringtones and songs or any other help will really be appreciated.

Please help.

How did you get all your songs etc. on to your phone in the first place...?

via itunes, I downloaded the songs and played it with itunes and was able to sync with my iphone

If it's the same computer then iTunes will have a back up of all your data on your computer. When you've finished restoring you can choose your back up and resync everything back on.

Unfortunatly when you restore you will be forced to update to 4.3 but there is a way round it (see the link). I don't see why is iTunes asking you to restore anyway...?

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-4-hacking-17/how-do-downgrade-your-iphone-4-3-a-9736/

If you follow the guide first you can restore to 4.2.1 without having to upgrade to 4.3 and go back...