What's new

Ad-Clicking Data Reveals North/South Divide for iOS and Android Users in the US

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Ad_click_data.JPG

GigaOm today has results of a very interesting survey into ad-clicking patterns for smartphone users from mobile ad company Jumptap, which seems to indicate that there are more iOS users in the North, more Android users in the South, and a mixture BlackBerry users somewhere in the middle. At least there are more ad-clickers in those areas for each platform, for what that’s worth. The map shows a very clear picture, with the gold-shaded areas of the map reflecting ad-clicks from Android users, the blue-shaded areas reflecting clicks from iOS users, and the grey-shaded areas reflecting ad clicks from BlackBerry owners.

The data used by Jumptap to compile the map came from the 83 million unique users that it has on its ad network. As the map shows, iOS users seem to be particularly concentrated in the North-Eastern part of the US, with just that one pocket of blue down south in Louisiana. Jumptap also says that its data shows that Sony Ericsson smartphones are the only Android devices with ad performance anything close to that of iOS devices.

Source: Mobile Mason-Dixon: Android in South, iOS in North; Mobile Technology News
via Cult of Mac

Maura said:
GigaOm today has results of a very interesting survey into ad-clicking patterns for smartphone users from mobile ad company Jumptap, which seems to indicate that there are more iOS users in the North, more Android users in the South, and a mixture BlackBerry users somewhere in the middle. At least there are more ad-clickers in those areas for each platform, for what that’s worth. The map shows a very clear picture, with the gold-shaded areas of the map reflecting ad-clicks from Android users, the blue-shaded areas reflecting clicks from iOS users, and the grey-shaded areas reflecting ad clicks from BlackBerry owners.

The data used by Jumptap to compile the map came from the 83 million unique users that it has on its ad network. As the map shows, iOS users seem to be particularly concentrated in the North-Eastern part of the US, with just that one pocket of blue down south in Louisiana. Jumptap also says that its data shows that Sony Ericsson smartphones are the only Android devices with ad performance anything close to that of iOS devices.

Source: Mobile Mason-Dixon: Android in South, iOS in North; Mobile Technology News
via Cult of Mac

Hmm might be true might not. Here in Northern California I see a lot of both sides (android/iPhone) and since metropcs released their android series, I've seen a huge spike within that networks community. if I take a trip over to San Francisco I see more iPhones than android. Thanks for the article maura