What's new

Abstinhe question

CliffyDontCare

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, my friend told me I needed to install the corona untether for my device. I have a iPhone 4s jailbroken with abstinhe. Is it nesscary or do y'all think it's not needed?

My understanding is that the Corona fix on Cydia helps people to untether their jail breaks (on other devices than the 4S). It also fixes any iBooks issues people are having, however they are jailbroken. And, it's safe to run on the iPhone 4S (the current version, 1.0-8).

So, if you have an issue with iBooks showing book images (or want to run iBooks on your iPhone 4S), go ahead and get it. But, you don't need it for the 4S if you don't have iBooks.

Clear as mud, yeah? :D Regardless, hope it helps.

Marilyn

It's pretty clear, I had installed it a while ago. But I thought I was nessacary, however I may uninstall it because I really don't use iBooks like that

Careful! Don't uninstall it!

That Corona update gets tied into your jail break - uninstalling it will make your jail break NOT work!! Repeat, do not uninstall that Corona tweak unless you wish to restore your phone to stock in order to re-jailbreak it.

And please, let's not talk about how I know this... :D

Marilyn

Since we're on the topic, what would y'all consider to be a good crash reporter tweak or app?