What's new

5.1 Questions

daver1015

Reaction score
I have a couple questions. If I update my iphone 4s to 5.1 will i still be able to JB.

If I update it, will that remove the JB from it and return to basically stock?

Thanks,,

There hasn't been an jailbreak released for ups 5.1 yet. If you update, you'll lose the jailbreak.

Ok I thought so, but just wanted to make sure. I am having sound issues. Actually I have no sound at all, So I need to restore to see if its hardware or the JB..

Thanks.

You should restore quickly. As soon as Apple stops signing 5.0.1 you will not be able to downgrade and they could stop signing at any minute.

If I upgrade will it wipe the whole phone then reinstall, or just remove the JB and keep all of the app store apps?

If I upgrade will it wipe the whole phone then reinstall, or just remove the JB and keep all of the app store apps?

if you upgrade, you will have a new firmware installed and the iPhone will be as if you just got it from the store. However, if you make a good backup just before you upgrade, all your apps and data can be put back on the phone if you choose "restore from backup."

Hope that clarifies.

Marilyn

Mickey330 said:
if you upgrade, you will have a new firmware installed and the iPhone will be as if you just got it from the store. However, if you make a good backup just before you upgrade, all your apps and data can be put back on the phone if you choose "restore from backup."

Hope that clarifies.

Marilyn

Ok thanks. I'll just wait for the JB untethered to come out.

So i was able to install the 5.1 but it didnt fix my sound issue. I went to Apple and they gave me a new one with 5.01 yea!!! Now I can go back to jail breaking.

Ok so I have a 4 with ios 5.01 jailbroke with redsnow when the break comes out for 5.1 is the proper way to just upgrade to 5.1 and then use the new jailbreak or go back to my backed up 5.01 and then upgrade to 5.1 and then jailbreak again.......This was my first jailbreak and now I dont want to be without it.Hope this makes sense

Thanks, Mike

Ok so I have a 4 with ios 5.01 jailbroke with redsnow when the break comes out for 5.1 is the proper way to just upgrade to 5.1 and then use the new jailbreak or go back to my backed up 5.01 and then upgrade to 5.1 and then jailbreak again.......This was my first jailbreak and now I dont want to be without it.Hope this makes sense

Thanks, Mike

No, when updating you should always do a fresh restore

Thanks,
Thought I did things correctly but just wanted to be sure.Am having to much fun with the jailbreak.

Mike