What's new

2 siri issues

rtcfrtc

Reaction score
Siri will not pronounce our last name correctly. it is spelled Posner, but pronounced pose (as in rose) ner. All alterations I try are unsuccessful .
So, I would like to, at least hear this mispronunciation less often, however I cannot get it to stop saying my name when I ask it to call home. This is even though the home phone is also listed in my husbands contact.

I am not sure how to fix the second issue, but here's what I did to get Siri to pronounce my name correctly (I'm just cutting and pasting from Apple's process ... it's what I did and saves me typing):

If Siri is pronouncing a name incorrectly you can add phonetic first and last names to your contact entries:

1) Open the Contacts application.

2) Select the contact that Siri is mispronouncing.

3) Tap "edit" in the upper right corner of the screen.

4) Scroll to the bottom of the screen and tap "add field".

5) Add phonetic first and last names as needed.

6) The new fields will show up at the top of the contact. You can then spell out your name phonetically to assist with pronunciation.

7) When finished making changes to the contact, tap Done in the upper right corner of the screen.

I've read that this process doesn't work with all contacts, just the one you've got tied to Siri as you (Settings > General > Siri > My Info). And, I've also read you may need to restart or reboot your phone to get it to take effect.

Regardless, this method works for me (she had a tough time pronouncing my first name!). Hope it helps.

Marilyn

Yes, I have used this workaround, currently I'm out of ideas. I've tried pose-ner, pose ner(as in rose), poas-ner (as in toast). I figure if I can just get it to stop saying my name so often, it won't be so annoying. :)

Aw heck, just make your phonetic spelling be "Bob"! :D

Sorry, but that's all I knew on how to get Siri to say things properly.

Marilyn

Siri does not get many requests correct not just contacts.

Sent from my 64gb iPad

Ok, so I give up on the correct pronunciation. However, isn't there some way to get Siri to say "home" when I ask to call home instead of having my full name?