What's new

128 or 64?

3,929 photos , 220 videos ( inc films ) , 200 apps , and counting

16GB is not enough for me but 32 was just right. Unfortunately, they don't have 32 anymore so I settled for 64 and that's plenty for me. How much space do you have and how much are you using on your current phone?

WOW! I have about 1500 songs on my phone,a little over 200 pics and videos,and about 20 apps give or take,and I still have like 91GB left!
I had the 5s with 32gb and with no music had to delete from phone (had copies on laptop) 1,000 pictures. On the 128gb 6ss I have 4,957, no music (YET) and still have 109gb available. Since my old Nano only has 597 songs, I am sure I will not run out of space on the new phone.

Trying to decide if I need the 128 MB 6s or if the 64 would be ok. Any thoughts?
I had 16gb and that is nothing, because i love to make videos, so i thought 128gb would be right, but after a little research i found out with 64gb would be ok and this is the kind of videos i record on my iphone:

I went with the 128gb 6s Plus, a serious upgrade from my 32gb 5s. I realized that it wasn't necessarily the info I would accumulate over the next one/two years, but the info I already have plus the info I will gain in the year(s) to come. I like everything on my device so I have it when needed and don't have to worry about cloud storage and transfer....That's just ME, and this works for ME

I just bought a 128GB 6s. I previously had a 64GB 6plus. That was plenty for typical use, but I want to put my complete music library on my phone. I get tired of syncing to swap out songs and I don't care for iTunes Match as it would still require cell data use.

I do have a question though. Have any of you noticed any issues once you have used more than 80-90% of your capacity? I don't want to load up my phone only to find out that it will run slower. I've been using MS Windows since it came out, so you might understand why I would ask such a question lol. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I leave less than about 5gb of free storage space on my iPad for an extended time I'll notice things being auto-deleted from my device, such as movies, music and TV shows.

If I leave less than about 5gb of free storage space on my iPad for an extended time I'll notice things being auto-deleted from my device, such as movies, music and TV shows.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on my free space. It makes since that you would need a little free space I suppose.

IG: @rcodemach1

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on my free space. It makes since that you would need a little free space I suppose.

IG: @rcodemach1
You do need some free space for things like temporary files while browsing and accumulated data while using apps and games, for example. If you leave too little storage space on your iPhone it will affect performance.

Even updating the iOS version on your iPhone requires the temporary use of up to a gigabyte or more of storage space to download and process the update when updating OTA.

Last edited: