What's new

Your very first Mobile/Cell phone

This was the first one I had early 90's I believe.

$image-524122396.jpg

Then went to the startac mid 90's. had all the bells and whistles then. Cost me over $500 then. Still have it I think.

$image-906728898.jpg

Mine was a really old green phone that could not send text messages, I used the one2one network in the UK, not sure what happened to them, but the phone had an army ring tone and I thought it was cool you could have those tunes as a ringtone..

cant for the life of me find the name of the phone or a picture, but I remember the sim cars where the size of a credit card and in the back of the phone..

Mine was a really old green phone that could not send text messages, I used the one2one network in the UK, not sure what happened to them, but the phone had an army ring tone and I thought it was cool you could have those tunes as a ringtone..

cant for the life of me find the name of the phone or a picture, but I remember the sim cars where the size of a credit card and in the back of the phone..
Imagine that lol, A sim card the size of a credit card, Now some are the size of the nail on your little finger....Or less.

I've sported the LG chocolate slider and flip! I liked how thin the flip was, but it tore up on me constantly. The chocolate slider with the iPod knock off spin pad was my favorite non smartphone!
My wife and I both had a Chocolate 3. Mine had to be replaced and eventually that one did a boot loop thing. Her's did ok.

This was my "brick" back in 1995 went GSM was first launched in South Africa.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403476789.890584.jpg

Loving seeing all your old phones, Keep them coming :)

Imagine that lol, A sim card the size of a credit card, Now some are the size of the nail on your little finger....Or less.

Yeah, the nano sim, I wonder how much smaller apple will plan to make them as well until there is nothing but the chip, good way to save lots of space though

Soon it will be the size of a watch battery lol.

only down side is to that is having to wait for carriers and change your sim card constantly to a smaller one so you can use it, not like the first micro sim where there where cutters and lots of people cut them up themselves... I never tried that with the nano sim

only down side is to that is having to wait for carriers and change your sim card constantly to a smaller one so you can use it, not like the first micro sim where there where cutters and lots of people cut them up themselves... I never tried that with the nano sim
Yes thats a pain, 3 are pretty good at getting them out to you though.

6y9aruhu.jpg

this was mine from 2007, then i got a motorola razr v3 in black and i currently have a iphone 4 32GB now oh how times have changed so quick! :eek:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6y9aruhu.jpg

this was mine from 2007, then i got a motorola razr v3 in black and i currently have a iphone 4 32GB now oh how times have changed so quick! :eek:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They really have, We thought they were wonderful back in the day though :)

LOL. WOW. Cell phones have come a long way since my first. Smile
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406557013.699597.jpg